INGREDIENTS 200 gms regular tofu or extra firm silken tofu
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 large tomato, finely chopped
1 green chili, finely chopped
½ inch ginger, finely chopped
½ tsp cumin seeds
a pinch of turmeric powder
a pinch of red chili powder
¼ tsp garam masala powder
1.5 tbsp oil
1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
salt as required
DIRECTIONS 1. scramble the tofu and keep aside.
2. heat oil in a frying pan.
3. first add the cumin and brown them.
4. now add the onions and fry till they soften.
5. add the ginger and green chilies and fry for some seconds.
6. add the tomatoes and fry till the tomatoes become soft.
7. sprinkle the turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala and stir.
8. add the scrambled tofu and stir well.
9. saute for 3-4 minutes. season with salt.
10. lastly add coriander leaves and stir them.
11. serve tofu bhurji hot with some bread or rotis or as a side dish with dal-rice or veg curry-rice combo.